Monday, July 12, 2010

No time for Pictures

It was a beautiful weekend up in the Uinta's this past weekend. The temperature stayed in the 70's and it felt great! Larry and I took the new wheels and went up to the cabin Friday night. We're trying to get a few things done up there that we've been putting off. I had to teach a lesson at church on Sunday so we just went up for Saturday. We got up, Larry a little earlier than I did, and went to work. I may as well got up the same time, because all I could hear was Larry banging away down in the basement. After breakfast we went downstairs and began working on the dry wall so that we can get some things out of the basement and so that we can finish at least the front part of that room. I have some great plans for down there. First we are going to move the air hockey game down there so that the kids can play all they want and we don't have to tell them to take a break because of the noise....and I want to make the part just inside the door into a mud area for when we come in from snowmobiling we can sit down and take our boots off and have a place to hang everything up. So I want to tile part of it and put down the wood flooring on the other half. We also worked upstairs on the baseboards. We had it almost all the way finished except for some of the bedrooms and some most of the closets. We're still not finished with either project, but I seriously could not have gone up and down those stairs one more time. My knee was just killing me.... I hate getting old(er). Little by little we might get this thing done. We made a good team and accomplished a lot together!! We just left the place a mess downstairs so that we can just go back up and go back to work. We have a few weeks before we have to have it all cleaned up and ready for the Millett Family Reunion!!

By the way Larry loved the new wheels, he was testing it on the corners and dirt roads to make sure it lived up to all it's promises...I guess it does, cause he was impressed and loved the drive.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like fun! :) Guess since you keep asking when I'll come see you it'll be at the Reunion! LOL (I know you meant in Stansbury Park, but this is the next best thing! LOL) Can't wait to see all you've done with your cabin since we were there last...what was it, four years ago? Was Zander really a baby???

    ReplyDelete